Thursday 28 June 2012

Balcony Strawberries.




Last year we had a bumper crop of balcony strawberries. Lovely, juicy and sweet. I kept the plants out on the balcony over the winter and they managed to survive the minus 20 Celsius temperatures we had here in Hamburg in December!

This year they didn't produce as much, but I think that is normal, each season they give a little less and a new generation of plants should be cultivated (they put out shoots which when planted become brand new little plants!).

We just ate up the last of the 2012 balcony strawberries. They were yummy! I wonder what else we can grow on the balcony? I tried garlic too, I'll have to post a photo of my little fists soon :)


Follow Lifes Jewels on String

1 comment:

  1. looks tasty! you just made me wonder if i should try growing strawberries on my deck next year...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I would love to reply. Due to blogspot's slightly strange setup you'll only get to see my reply if you check back here in a day or two, or if you click on 'subscribe by email' under the comment box. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...