Friday 13 April 2012

Vintage Cars in Hamburg - Renault 5

 
Vintage Cars in Hamburg - Renault 5

Today I have great pleasure featuring a little old Renault 5. I spied this out while driving in the Flottbeck area of Hamburg and managed to snap it while stopped at a red light.

This was my first car! In exactly the same colour! I had adventures in that car.

-Driving to a party with the heated curlers still in my hair...
-Locking the key inside and having to hitch a lift to get the spare from home...
-Finding out the hard way what to do about the choke and flooding the engine with petrol...
-Reversing into a lamp pole after checking out a possible wedding reception location with my mum...
-Wheel spinning on gravel and being too chicken to do hand-brake turns (if I could turn back time!)...
-Leaving the lights on and Petie teaching me how to recharge a car battery (Thanks for all the great car stuff Pete)...
-Seriously considering pouring porridge oats into the radiator to seal a crack (yea really!)...

Oh the things I learnt! Shame you can't just open up the hood and fiddle with cars these days. I liked getting my hands dirty. Now you just have a computer to deal with. Can't argue with progress though, at least my current car ALWAYS starts in the morning!

Chilli Muchacha was a sweetie, until someone rammed into the side of her and that was that...

My mum also had a little black one. Good times :)


This is part of my photography project: Vintage Cars in Hamburg. I now carry my camera wherever I go and I will collect pictures of old cars that I see while out and about. They just make me happy.
  1. Mini Cooper
  2. V.W. Beetle 
  3. V.W. Beetle with vintage skis
  4. Mini Cooper
  5. Vintage Cars in the UK Winter 2012 

LOVE vintage cars!

PS. If you are an Etsy Seller you can promote your items on this blog right now for free in the Etsy Stock Take. Please come and join in :)



6 comments:

  1. I must say you had quite an adventure with your car. The good thing about classic cars is they never go out of style no matter the make or the model. Nowadays, you will see a lot of these vehicles in the street and you can’t help but give them a second look. The work put in the maintenance of these cars takes a lot of time and effort but it’s definitely worth it. Hope to see more of your photos soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Stelle, so much money gets poured into these things too! I love to see them, it's some kind of nostalgia I suppose. I'm so glad you enjoyed the post, look out for new pics :)

      Delete
  2. This vintage car is actually bigger than what others think. In fact, it is capable of seating 5 people and has more head room than other bigger cars. It has an extra half inch on interior width at the front, and its rear seat is over an inch wider. Also, the bucket seats in the Renault 5 are connected to its car’s suspension, providing a comfortable seat and reducing body fatigue while driving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I didn't know any of that before, but I used to like doing the 2 hour drive London-Dorset in the UK and was always comfy inside. Once my boyfriend (now hubby) and I got stuck in a huge thunderstorm on the motorway and had to stop with everyone else because the rain was so hard. We sat there for ages but were rather cosy!

      Oh and we had one of those tape to CD walkman converter things to listen to music!

      Delete
  3. I just love stories of people coming across cars that they used to own or cars that look as such. It’s almost like your old car is waving hello at you, letting you know that it’s all right and is in a good place, and thanking you for taking care of it. It must’ve felt so great seeing this car outside the window and being able to snap a quick pic of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I would love to reply. Due to blogspot's slightly strange setup you'll only get to see my reply if you check back here in a day or two, or if you click on 'subscribe by email' under the comment box. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...